*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Latest estate sale finds!

The past two weekends I found some great sales and picked up lots of fun little goodies. I often seem to be attracted to the same type of things ~ vintage spools of string and keys...


and this is just a small portion of the 5 boxes of old sewing stuff!



rustic and shabby finds...already sold the little ballerina ring holder!




I have a real weakness for these little safety pin baskets ~ so kitschy!!



Grungy old softballs...



and funky industrial light bulb covers.





I got a real good deal on these watches. I got to this sale in the afternoon on the second day and everything was half off! Gotta love when that happens!


But my best score was this huge box of vintage patterns. It contains over 150 patterns from the 40's through the 70's. Again it was the end of the sale and they just wanted to get rid of them. Well, let me just say, they practically gave them to me!! Don't hate me!



Not sure what drove me to buy these, but I thought they were so cute. The homeowner was once a cake decorator and had tons of vintage cake decor! Fun and cute!


As soon as I can get organized, all these goodies will be listed in my etsy shop.


I hope everyone is well and finding some fun goodies on their junking adventures!


Thanks for stopping by!
















11 comments:

  1. Ok, they don't have estate sales that good around here, not fair! I can't believe you got such cool goodies on the afternoon of 50% off day. Do I sound bitter? Sorry, don't mean to, temper tantrum over. Seriously, lucky you! Have fun creating with your new finds.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff, I really like the petal shape of the cut on that one softball too neat. And you so had me at the string and keys. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous finds! Love the old watches and the patterns are wonderful also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good one! Loved everything you got! judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Julie I thought maybe the Easter bunny took you with him. You have been having fun
    all this time. Missed you!!! Love all your buys, really love the patterns. I have several from the 30's and 40's. They are so cool, that was before the pattern companies change the sizing on all the patterns. I went to the First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas this past weekend and we had a ball. I bought all kinds of vintage things. On Sunday they put a lot of things 50% off. Love it when they do that. I don't sell, it's all for me....Yeehaw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be still my heart...I love every single thing! Don't you just love when you hit a sale like that...you don't have enough hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wonder about the former owners of things from estate sales - your finds have my imagination pinging! Your blog is lovely and I'm excited to be a new follower. (Come say hello sometime)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and me both, I keep going for the same things. I love all your wonderful goodies especially the thread, keys, and watches. I've never seen thread like that before. I hope I'm as lucky this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie,
    Looks like we have alot in common. I had a really good day at the thrift store yesterday, posted several pictures.Always a happy girl when I come home with good stuff.
    Had fun looking at all your finds.
    Oh Boy pretty soon garage sales will start.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails