*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vintage Inspiration--My pincushion collection

I've mentioned several times in the past that I have a fairly large collection of pincushions, so I thought I'd share them with you for my Vintage Inspiration Friday offering this week over at Debra's blog ~ Common Ground. So here's the tour...
Some are sweet and a little shabby,

some old and tattered...



Some of the animal variety...



some of the native american souvenier variety...



these beaded ones are my most valueable...

but this little one in the urn is my most sentimental. Back in the early 90's when people actually wrote letters, I had a pen pal from Texas that I corresponded with for 3 years. I flew down to meet her in 1993 and this little pincushion was one of my finds when she and I went junking! So it bears alot of meaning and memories for me of my sweet southern friend and the fun we had those 4 days we were together!


I love the tattered and beat up look of these two!!


Aquired these pink sweeties recently!



Another one of my favorites with the kitty chasing the little mouse out his "hole"!!


I don't recall what got me started with this collection, but it is my oldest and largest and one that I still add to whenever I can!


So, if you're looking to be inspired, head on over to Common Ground and soak it all in!!





11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection! You have such a variety, the beaded ones are beautiful but I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pin cushions I have a few but where are they?
    Makes me want to look around the studio and find all of mine.They are in a jar someplace

    I don't have the old beaded ones like yours they are always so pricey to buy at shops but I haven't seen any for a while
    I have enjoyed looking at all your treasures


    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much vintage pincushion cuteness!!! *Love*
    I am going now to check out your etsy shop!
    :)Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great collection. The dolls, and animals they are all so sweet. Thanks Julie, for sharing all the wonderfulness! I just have my grandmother's old fabric tomato.
    Thanks so much for linking up with VIF!
    big hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Julie! How are you? Love the pincushion collection. Your blog is so lovely. I'm off to checkout your Etsy. It has been a few weeks since I last stopped by. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH this is a wonderful collection, Julie! Really wonderful goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so precious. My favorite is also the one in the urn. I'm really liking the red ones in the jar too...they remind me of tomatoes. Thanks for sharing your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely collection. I have to say though, I feel very sorry for the duck. What a place to have pins! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie I love your collection. You have a very nice one. I love the doll with the big eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your collection! I think the animals are my favorite! I did a swap with someone who had to Westies and got her a Scottish terrier pincushion that was tattered and perfect and I still think about that darn thing! Thanks for sharing! karen....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the collection! And I'm with you. The beaded ones are my favorites. But the urn would be a fav even without it's history.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails