*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Saturday, February 20, 2010

MANTEL MAKE-OVER

This is the time of year between seasons that everything looks a little blah and tends to bring your spirit down right along with it! Trying to shake off the mid-winter blues, I decided to give my living room mantel a little face-lift! I hadn't really done much with it after Christmas and thought it was about time. So I spruced and spiffed it up a little.
I added a combination of both new and old embellishments~~

...Some architectural interest


I wish the mirror in this fabulous frame was old, but alas it is not. This cute birdie clock was purchased at Pier One!


My wonderful vintage aquarium purchased a little while ago now houses some candles and moss. Will have fun changing this up with the seasons!!


Love my repro doggie! Hopefully this little make-over will help make me feel like spring will be coming soon!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie- just discovered your charming blog and I love it! I love all of your collections and when I scrolled down and saw the dog figurine- I knew you were a kindred spirit! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie- thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments! I actually live in a Southern suburb of the Twin Cities- about 20 minutes south of the Mall of America. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails