*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Wednesday, February 17, 2010


I've always been a crafter at heart. I can remember when I was "much younger" I used to pester my mother for stuff to craft with, and coming from a big family (I have 8 brothers and sisters) we didn't have the money to rush out and buy much. So I had to make do with what we had lying around the house. I can also remember making my own Christmas wrapping paper using a potato cut into a shape and stamping tissue paper with paint. My mother had saved one of these early creations of mine and gave it back to me a few years ago. She was quite the saver!! --with 9 kids I guess you had to be. Perhaps that is where I've gotten some of my inclinations towards thriftiness and creating with what you have. But since I've started this blog I have been incredibly inspired by those of you whose creativity has really lit a fire under my butt!!! Speaking of butts.....
I made this pincushion out of this kitty planter that had a tiny chip~perfect spot to stuff fabric into!
I made this nature collage in an old hanky box that had the cover torn off. Found the mushroom picture in a vintage dictionary then I remembered....

these kitschy plastic mushrooms I bought at a garage sale with some other tacky fruit!! It's occurred to me that it pays to be a pack rat when it comes to collages and altered art!! Aren't they cute?!

I got the idea and template for this cone from a tutorial from Dawn at the feathered nest (see my sidebar) She is the most talented of all the women I follow~~truly an inspiration to me!

I think it turned out pretty well for a first attempt!

I'm going to be taking my projects to the store and the mall and they'll be up for sale. Should be interesting to see if I have any luck.

I love the way this one turned out.

Cute little baby face! I found the cute little duckie rubber stamp in an antique mall the other day in a bag with some letters and numbers~~so fun!

SO~~~what do you think? sellable?? For those of you creative babes out there in "Bloggeritaville" can you help me out and give me an idea what I can price these at? Any input would be appreciated....and thanks again for the inspiration!!!


  1. I'm so in love with ALL of these sweet creations Julie!!!! That little kitty cat with his little hind end up in the air is just precious....and I love the cone!! All of your goodies are just wonderful ~ hugs and love, Dawn

  2. What a pretty blog and lovely creations!! Love wonderful collections and that amazing turquoise cabinet you found!


I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails