*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

YOU INSPIRE ME!

I've always been a crafter at heart. I can remember when I was "much younger" I used to pester my mother for stuff to craft with, and coming from a big family (I have 8 brothers and sisters) we didn't have the money to rush out and buy much. So I had to make do with what we had lying around the house. I can also remember making my own Christmas wrapping paper using a potato cut into a shape and stamping tissue paper with paint. My mother had saved one of these early creations of mine and gave it back to me a few years ago. She was quite the saver!! --with 9 kids I guess you had to be. Perhaps that is where I've gotten some of my inclinations towards thriftiness and creating with what you have. But since I've started this blog I have been incredibly inspired by those of you whose creativity has really lit a fire under my butt!!! Speaking of butts.....
I made this pincushion out of this kitty planter that had a tiny chip~perfect spot to stuff fabric into!
I made this nature collage in an old hanky box that had the cover torn off. Found the mushroom picture in a vintage dictionary then I remembered....

these kitschy plastic mushrooms I bought at a garage sale with some other tacky fruit!! It's occurred to me that it pays to be a pack rat when it comes to collages and altered art!! Aren't they cute?!


I got the idea and template for this cone from a tutorial from Dawn at the feathered nest (see my sidebar) She is the most talented of all the women I follow~~truly an inspiration to me!

I think it turned out pretty well for a first attempt!



I'm going to be taking my projects to the store and the mall and they'll be up for sale. Should be interesting to see if I have any luck.


I love the way this one turned out.


Cute little baby face! I found the cute little duckie rubber stamp in an antique mall the other day in a bag with some letters and numbers~~so fun!


SO~~~what do you think? sellable?? For those of you creative babes out there in "Bloggeritaville" can you help me out and give me an idea what I can price these at? Any input would be appreciated....and thanks again for the inspiration!!!








2 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with ALL of these sweet creations Julie!!!! That little kitty cat with his little hind end up in the air is just precious....and I love the cone!! All of your goodies are just wonderful ~ hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty blog and lovely creations!! Love wonderful collections and that amazing turquoise cabinet you found!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails