*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Saturday, March 20, 2010

RANDOM RAMBLINGS

I haven't really been out much lately to find anything new but I have picked up a few things. I have been buying from a man I've known for several years now. He and his wife do estate clean-outs...not as glorious as it may sound because they have to take the good, the bad, and the ugly! Dan also is my Mr. Fix-it for the bigger jobs I can't handle and my builder too--very handy to have around since my hubs is often too busy on the farm!! Often times he comes up with some good stuff!! Like this great celluloid silverware...


Got all this wonderful pearl cotton from Goodwill!! Creamy white and pastels...very springy!!




Vintage cookbooks~~~I love all the handwritten notes and little extra pieces of paper you often find in these!!! So personal and charming!! I bought these from Dan also as well as a load of cute cookie cutters...
Another Goodwill find~~~future pincushion!

I have been pincushion crazy lately-basically anything with a hole in it!!!



My first Etsy purchase!!! And I am hooked!!!

Gorgeous vintage photo album with the most fabulous pages!


It almost seems sinful to alter these pages~~~


A couple bottle projects---these were kinda fun!

Our spring open house is this coming Weds. so the next few days will be crazy busy!! I have all these ideas swimming around in my head waiting to get out!! I hope the weather cooperates and we have a good turn out~~will try and take lots of pictures once I get everything just right!*!*!


Have a wonderful weekend!!




3 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love Your Blog!!!

    I agree about old cookbooks. I love the handwritten notes, the spills, newspaper clippings etc. that you find in a good old cookbook. Good Job on the Goodwill Finds!! It's just one big treasure hunt!!

    Keep on Junkin!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- these are some wonderful finds! I love them all- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, you have some great finds here, that bakelite silverware is oh so wonderful. Nice to have someone around to help out! And I really love old cookbooks too, stains and notes, let's you know it's a great recipe!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails