*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Monday, November 15, 2010

~End of the Year Sale~

The garage and estate sales have been winding down in our area and once in awhile I can catch an auction or indoor sale. Over the last few years, I have gotten to know a lady that does estate sales for others or does complete estate buy-outs. She gave me a call the other day and told me I could come and buy early before the sale she is having the following week!! LUCKY ME!!! The most fun part of this deal is the fact that she didn't have things out of the boxes or priced yet! After about an hour and a half of digging, I came home with some wonderful goodies!!!
I bought a big tub of beautiful silver and these are the best pieces!
I love the embossed designs inside these large ladles!


Got the cute little chair for $3!! Has cute little cherub decals on the back.

I "married" this transferware lid to this white chamber pot ~ I think they go well together!! This silver plate pot has been repaired several times, but I think it only adds to it's already wonderful patina!!




China pieces, cute little clock and a cloche ~ just in time for a quick Christmas vignette!!


I also bought 8 canning jars of buttons!!

Mostly metal ones, but I feel some pretty jewelry projects comin' on!!!


I'm a sucker for children's readers--the illustrations are always so charming!


Since my house is a total disaster right now, I'm having a hard time finding an empty spot to take some pictures! So I decided to just set the bigger stuff outside my van!

The turquoise cabinet is to die for!! Perfect state of wear to the paint ~ Love it!!!!!
There were 2 of the little blue stools, but only hauled one out. Also got 2 lovely mirrors, a large suitcase and this cute white youth chair!


It makes me a little sad that winter is setting in and will be putting an end to alot of my junking!
Hopefully this load will last me for a little while!


I guess if I need a fix, I can always haunt the thrift stores!
Happy junkin' to all!!

10 comments:

  1. I really do have fun looking at all your finds, Julie...you really find the best goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I just ooh and ah, right out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, what great finds! I love everything! The books, the buttons and jewelry, the cloche and the turquoise cabinet!! Here if FL the sales are just starting as it cools off. We are on opposite schedules down here! You need a trip south. lol Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU have the BeSt SaLes up your way!*!*! FaB little cabinet!!!
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I love the blue stool turquoise cabinet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, lucky you! Some great treasures. Crazy deal on the sweet little chair. That turquoise color just catches my eye, anything that color is cute! The memory of this haul would keep me warm all winter long.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow! I love all this! You're the best junker, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could take some of that good stuff off your hands, if you don't have anywhere to put it!!!!LOL!

    Great stuff.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Wow! What a pile of treasures you bought.
    The buttons are to die for! I'm a button person...as well as lots of other stuff... It's just fun hunting and collecting.
    If you have a chance stop by my blog, nancarts,
    and enter my give away. You could win!!! I am adding more stuff today. This is my first
    giveaway, so I hope it goes well. Thanks.

    Smiles and Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I would have bought every piece I see here. What a haul! Just when we think things are winding down for the season, pow!!! There's always something out there waiting to be discovered. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails