*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Little changes and something to share!

Just wanted to let my followers know that I've made a few changes to my blog regarding my comments section. I have decided to get rid of the word verification, since so many of you find that annoying (and so do I!!) And I have also changed who can leave me comments...I am now allowing anyone to comment--anonymous followers, people who don't have a blog or a google account should all be able to leave me a comment!! I have had a few people email me and tell me they weren't able to leave me a comment and I think I figured it all out now!!
I'd like to thank Vicki from Rusty Rooster Vintage for leading me in the right direction with all of this!! She made a mention of a link in her wonderful blog of where you can go to get advice on making your blog more "user friendly"!! And so I followed her advice and want to thank her for that ~ Thanks sweet Vicki!! Check out her blog when you get a chance! She is fairly new to the blogging world but has come on like gangbusters and has over 200 followers already!! Way to go Vicki!!! I also wanted to share a cool website I've found that has wonderful vintage clip-art images that you can use in your artwork and for your blog. Go to Vintageholidaycrafts.com - that's where my beautiful Thanksgiving image is from!!! Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. I love the new changes. I have several Blogger blogs and my main one Vintiquities Workshop is the one I prefer to comment as, but Google's default is the first blog you ever set up. So people end up going to my older blog instead of the mixed media one. Very frustrating. Thanks for the changes! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure found some great goodies that you showed in your last post! The garage sales are over for the season...estate sales go all year long and that's where I'll be finding new treasures!
    Love the turkey postcard/image.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the change, Julie, and thanks for the fun website!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeehaw Julie I can now comment or put my 2 cents in. I am so excited. Love your image
    on Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing the
    website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great blog and kudos to those who did reach out to you and let you know they couldn't leave comments. I think I read the blog post you are talking about and it was very helpful indeed, even though I have both a blogger and a wordpress blog with the WP being my main blogging venue. I did take one specific piece of advice and added my email in a easy to find place. Now if I could just stop all the stink'n spam :( that I receive on the WP blog, I still review those comment before publishing. Great thing is, if you've had an approved comment before on WP it will auto publish those comments.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    My hubs is from WI so we back the Pack too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Thanksgiving picture. It's wonderful that we're all so eager to share tips and tricks for our blogs....one big family! Thanks Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, I love what you have done over here! Wow! Looks great. You are so sweet to mention me. I read that link from Funky Junk Interiors and thought, "I'm guilty of all these blog mistakes!" Sure enough she helped me make my blog more user friendly. I do appreciate your sweet comment and your support. I remember the day I found your great blog. Dawn at Feathered Nest sent us over to see your 100th post! So glad she did. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Help please someone. I post anonymously because apparently I do not know what to put
    for "URL". Help me so that I can post, too.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Anonymous...if you put google.com for the URL then it will work. Put your name and then put your google.com for the URL. I hope you
    see this and this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elsie, If I can do this, you will see it.
    Thank you so much for helping me!
    I wish you a beautiful Thanksgiving.
    Here goes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elsie, now I can join in the fun. I'm so excited. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog looks beautiful, so fallish!! Yeah...1 less WV to go through to leave a message!!! Only 6,741,289 to go! LOL
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving friend!
    Hugs,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you made the right decision re word verification too. I don't like it much either! Looks like I signed up to be a follower of your beautiful blog at just the right time. Thank you!

    Best wishes always,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails