*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Farewell White Kitchen!!

I haven't participated in White Wednesday in a long time, so I thought I would share some pictures I took of my kitchen in its former state of whiteness!We are deep in the midst of a major kitchen remodel if you aren't a regular follower of mine! We have been living in a mess for about a week and a half, but we're making progress slowly but surely!!
When we built our house 30 years ago my kitchen cabinets were very dark and about 15 yrs ago I decided to paint them white. It was quite a job, but well worth it as it really lightened things up !! This kitchen has had some decorative face lifts over the years and was still rather pretty. But these pictures do not show all the daily wear and tear of 3 kids and a few dogs over the last 30 years!!






This penninsula is now gone and will be replaced with a free standing island!


This is the current state of affairs--ain't it purty???
The color you see near the ceiling is my new paint color. I call it "sandy mustard"!!!
The floor is in really bad shape and I can't wait to have it GONE!! They will be tearing it out on Friday!!


I will admit that I'm going to miss my pretty red wall just a little, but it was time for a change!

The china hutch is staying, but is being moved to a different wall and will be replaced by a bigger cupboard that I bought last Dec. with this remodel in mind!! The antique store owners are friends of mine (thank GOD) and have been dear enough to hold it for me all this time! But it was just perfect for this spot and as they say "best time to buy an antique is when you see it!"

Edge of the dining room looking into the living room.

The hall to the left goes to the bedrooms and bathroom.

My new cabinets are being delivered tomorrow and will go in next week after they tear out the old floor. Things will be looking very different real soon and I can't wait to share it with all of you!! So stay tuned!


I am linking up with Faded Charm for White Wedneday as I bid a fond farewell to my white kitchen...it has seen alot of happiness and tears in this home of ours!!

10 comments:

  1. I am sooo jealous. I have the same white kitchen and have been dying to rip it out for years. You must be so excited ~ congrats and can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farewell to the old kitchen and hello to what looks to be one beautiful new kitchen. I enjoyed seeing the before and during and look forward to seeing the after.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. New in a kitchen is good no matter what color! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, can't wait to see the end result, lovely blog by the way, Happy White Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie, You are so brave!! Redoing a kitchen is scary!! But exciting!! I'm looking forward to seeing the end :-)))
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see it done-I know what you mean by time for change-we've got a few rooms that desperately need it-namely our one and only bathroom! Loved looking at all the lovely pics of your home-will stay posted for progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO exciting! I'm really looking forward to seeing your new kitchen and cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like we are all waiting for the new all white kitchen to be posted .

    Wish I could play in the wite wednesday posting but google has my pictures blocked for a paid update which I did. Anybody know how this works , google said 24hr however it been 72

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh...a new kitchen! I'm jealous!!! I can imagine how your heart is just racing! :) Happy WW to you!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sweet Julie Girl!!!
    To start with, I want to thank you for sharing your truth with me friend & I was honored that you felt safe enough to share them with me on my blog!
    Sometimes we have to just say it like it is, I guess that was kind of what the 30 Truths were all about for me. Could I not only be completely true to myself, but could I send my truths out into the universe & be OK with what ever floated back to me. What floated back to me was you...a blessing!
    You know I think it's so interesting that when we are young we just want to fit it, be the same as everyone else, not stand out. But as we grow older we realize the diversity in life is what gives it it's spice, it's color. I can't imagine a fabulous life without it. And you are soooo right, people only judge what they don't know or live or love...I got your back sistah!
    And your glorious new kitchen, I can't wait to see the end result...it will be glorious!!!
    Big Hugs Sweethear,
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails