*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm Takin' My Altered Suitcase to the Party!

I decided to come to the Altered Art Party hosted by the French Cupboard and I'm bringing along my altered suitcase.
I started out with a vintage suitcase that had good bones, but was stained and worn.

I ripped out all the lining and saved the pockets for future projects. Then scraped out all the "gunk" for a smooth surface.


Then proceeded to decoupage the sides and...



the inside too!




Now it's ready to display your favorite collection or vignette!!

Put something sweet on the inside!




Or lay a special arrangement of something you love on the top!











A makeover of a vintage piece that's very versatile and has a second chance at life!!






I don't consider myself an artist, but I really enjoy fun projects like this!

I'm anxious to go check out all the other projects at the party...


Thanks for stopping by...Julie

13 comments:

  1. Charming project, Julie! So great looking and a useful piece, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! i like the way the edges of the paper show the age and may just have to try the same in an old trunk we just found at a garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Lots of possibile uses there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Hmmm...I think I am going to get out those old suitcases in storage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful altered suitcase. You took an old unused piece and created a wonderful vintage showcase for your collections.
    I have a similar piece that needs to be redone. I love the idea of using the old music pages.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vignette you created with all your vintage treasures! The sheet music was the perfect touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't take it to the airport with you on your next trip. Someone may offer to buy it from you for $5000.00! Beautiful and glad she gets a second change. Happy AA party and have a great weekend. ~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea of altering an old suitcase. Looks great and gives me some ideas....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie,
    It's wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing that great idea!
    Also enjoyed the last post with your white in each room.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I Love this Sweet Suitcase, Now I am rethinking, the suitcase I am selling..... Oh No, What to Do.... Thanks for Sharing this Adorable Altered Treasure~

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are definitely an artist!! I think I want to give one of my suitcases a makeover now. What a great backdrop for photos! Thanks for sharing your "alteration" with us.

    Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! It's gorgeous!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, I love old suitcases and have many. I think you did a great job and I may just have to try to do this. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails