*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bird Cages--amazing projects!!

For this week's Vintage Inspiration Friday hosted by Debra at Common Ground, I'm sharing some fun and amazing images I've found of using bird cages in your decorating!! The one I've shown above is mine. I snapped a quick pic of my vintage bird cage after I was all set up at the flea market today!
After googling bird cages, these wonderful images came up!! I LOVE these hanging from the trees!! How fun is this?!?!

What a glorious setting for a picnic, bridal shower or afternoon tea!!


This awesome, gorgeous idea came from Margo at Robomargo.com where she shares some great ideas for quick and easy re-purposed salvage junk projects!! I'm going to try this with my bird bath soon! I love so many of Margo's projects that I can't wait to find the stuff to try some of them !*!*!


I snapped this picture of this great red hanging cage with a little birdie inside at my last visit to the Pardeeville Antique Mall--my fave!!!


I found this wonderful project at poetichome.com--what a clever idea!!


...and I love this idea from that site too!!

So pretty!

Isn't this a funky cage?? I don't think I've ever seen one like it!

When I found all these great images, it made me want to run out and find some to try some projects of my own!! I guess that's what inspiration is all about!
Lights a fire under your butt!!

Thanks to Debra for hosting this fun party--I've really been enjoying sharing the things that have inspired me lately!!

Julie


9 comments:

  1. I have a very pretty, round birdcage that is a tall as I am...and I have no clue what to do with it!! No Birdies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your vignetts & what I can't live without!!! ~ I ALWAYS BUY SOMETHING FROM YOU!*!*! Birdcage with lights & the grouping above the tree are my FaVoRiTes...
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK now I am inspired to do something with my white bird cage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I have one cage...filled with candles and flowers on top of an old suitcase stuffed with doilies, I love the one with the lights. actually I like them all. too little space! grrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, this is such a cool post. I was out yesterday at a high end retail store and they were selling reproduction vintage-look bird cages, and I just thought to myself, how much ahead of the curve all us vintage gals are!! Love the old ones best with petrified bird doo-doo and all! ha ha.
    Thanks so much for joining in,
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great inspiration. Just today I was playing around with an old bird cage I had in the basement. Now I have some new ideas for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love them all but the ones hanging from the tree...now that is genius! Happy Sunday!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those bird cages hanging from the tree. I've seen that picture 3 times now, I made it my background, unfortunately it's a little stretched out, opps. Love your Halloween vignettes. You've inspired me to finish decorating for fall.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails