*****Vintage Finds for Home and Garden*****

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Black Tole Trays

Now that the weather has finally cooled down to a more pleasant, liveable state - I've been thinking more and more of decorating for fall.I was inspired by my black tole trays to set the mood for a fall change-up on my mantel. I added a few more autumn-toned embellishments to go along with them! Like this bronzed cast iron doorstop ~ looks perfect with this tray!
~ The full view~




I thought I would add my re-purposed clock case for some warm wood tone!
Such fun to tuck little doo-dads inside!

The patina of this old copper coffee pot is the perfect go-along for an autumnal vignette!

I like to leave these turned candlestands out all year ~ I just change the candles for the seasons!

I'm sharing this mantel change-up inspired by my black tole trays for Debra's Vintage Inspiration Friday and also for Vintage Black Friday with the French Cupboard!

Check out these two wonderful blogs for tons more inspiration for fall and everyday!!

Have a great Friday!
Julie

Thanks for stopping by!!!








11 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, I'm totally in love with black tole trays! I have a few, but I'd love to find more, and yours are gorgeous. Your mantle really has the "feel" of fall, love the clock case, copper, and the great pitcher too. The stacked stone fireplace is really wonderful, thanks so so much for joining in tonight!
    hugs and love,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Julie! I love tole trays and the mantel design has a simplicity to it with a real graphic quality that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julie,
    Fall is my favorite season and you mantle looks perfect. The copper pot has great patinia
    (hope I spelled the correctly) I enjoy seeing how gals decorate their mantles. I need all the ideas I can get.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mantel ~ especially the clock case with the treasures inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved black floral trays. Mom has several that were her mother's and grandmother's. Maybe one day. Nice repurposing of the clock box!

    I'm dropping by from Common Ground, and wanted to tell you about Atticmag's new link party - Giveaway Friday!? It's a convenient place for bloggers to link their giveaways and a one stop shop for readers to find them! Hope to see you there.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice vintage black floral trays, my Mom had some, don't know where they disappeared too, wish I had them, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE what you did with the clock case! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing your vintage black with us. Blessings... Polly
    French Cupboard & Counting Your Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on the look out for some pretty tole trays. I love the shape of yours and your entire mantle display! The clock opened up with decorative items inside is adorable!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Your trays pick up the colors in the stones on your fireplace and soften it so romantically.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your comment on my post...I am STILL smiling! 'The 1st big yellow thing you see coming down the hill...get on it'!!! LOL
    That's so funny & true...I still wonder how any of us survived Halloween???? I trick or treated with my brother who was all of 18 months older with me, we went alone, carried a white pillowcase & walked for miles!!!! Now maybe we got home at 9pm, but to me it felt like midnight & we ate our candy all the way home. lol We didn't even get it exrayed...now that I think about, I don't think we got anything exrayed no matter how bad it seemed! Yeah, those were the good ole days alright! Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mantle is beautiful! Love the little clock with treasure inside...very clever!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every word!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails